PREPARE & LEARN
“For me, I am driven by two main philosophies: know more today about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you.” -- Neil deGrasse Tyson
"There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure."
CaregiverStrong Principles for Caregiving
(Applied with honor from those who originally created them)
- All that truly matters in life is that you passionately fulfill your life purpose by helping other people passionately fulfill their life purpose.
- “The times I have encountered the greatest disappointments in life are the times I grew most prepared to help others.”
- "You must be focused. Passionately pursue the one thing you have decided. You will find that you will make a few people miserable; some being those you love and occasionally yourself. When it appears you will achieve your pursuit, all kinds of people, even the most loyal and loved often show up and try to tear you down.”
- The way to succeed is to never let others fail!
- Never attack a problem you can’t solve.
- Success is not making it to the mountaintop; it’s how you rebound in the valley.
- An intellectually active mind cannot exist with an inactive heart.
- Never let the body lead the mind.
- Always go beyond your limits to gain strength.
Caring and Managing
- Any caregiver who thinks he/she is indispensable, isn’t.
- Everyone must have authority to match responsibility.
- Caregivers must lead, not manage.
- Authority and Credibility Must First Be Paid for Through Experience
- Do not be afraid to fail.
- Never take counsel of your fears.
- Only get enough information to attack the problem and solve it!
- If everyone is thinking alike, no one is thinking.
- Over time, that which we do not say that will be our ruin.
Life and Death
- In dying, there is often more life than in living.
- Live for a cause, rather than die for nothing.
- Fear kills more people than death.